A Note from April
I am a trained Birth and Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Educator, and Holistic Nutritionist who specializes in nourishing the mother.
My career in healthcare spans over 25 years, gathering a wide range of experiences that include:
- pharmacological work at The Hospital for Sick Children
- Doula training with DONA International
- Holistic Nutritionist training at Canadian School of Natural Nutrition
- Ayurvedic Nutrition and Cooking certificate course
- Mongan Method Hypnobirthing Labour Support training
- training and practice as a Jikiden Reiki practitioner
- trauma, CPR, and emergency care
Growing up in a large family nurtured in me a deep and loving respect for motherhood. I believe that the mother is the centre of the family. She requires care and nourishment during her childbearing year. When her emotional and physical needs are met, the whole family flourishes.
Holistic Family Care was designed with you, the mother, in mind. I bring compassion, empathy, and energy to every client and I take pride in offering a continuum of care from pregnancy and postpartum doula care to nutritional support and education.