Having a baby is hard work. Postpartum doula care can help you ease into your new role and alleviate stress on your partner and family.
“A postpartum doula helps women as they begin to mother their newborn children, supporting women mentally, physically, emotionally and logistically during the long weeks after childbirth when the expanded family bonds and adjusts its routines to welcome its newest addition(s).”
Holistic Family Care offers customized postpartum doula services that can include:
- Prenatal consult before baby (or babies) arrive to get acquainted and forge a plan for the postpartum time
- Help with self-care recovery for Mom
- Infant care (including breastfeeding or bottle feeding, bathing, diapering, calming techniques and safety issues)
- Parenting information and tips for parents to help cope with their new responsibilities
- Preparing delicious and nutritious meals for the whole family
- Light housework such as baby and Mom laundry, dishes, sweeping, etc
- Running small errands and shopping for food
- Screening for issues with breastfeeding and postpartum mood disorders
- Access to list of support personal such as lactation consultants, massage therapists, osteopaths and naturopaths
We’re here to nurture you during your postpartum days and lend a hand where your family needs it most. If you’ve already had your baby but you’re just realizing you need a hand, get in touch.
The Mother Nurture Packageshow description
Our Mother Nurture package is tailored to your specific needs and may include any of the services listed above. It includes 6 to 8 rejuvenating visits (24 hours in total) to be used in the first 12 weeks after the birth of your baby.
(individual visits can also be accommodated at $37/hr)
The Mother Nurture Mini Packageshow description
Our Mother Nurture Mini package is tailored to your specific needs and may include any of the services listed above. It includes 4 – 3 hour rejuvenating visits (12 hours in total) to be used in the first 12 weeks after the birth of your baby.
Quick Recovery (Cesarean Prenatal and Postpartum Doula Care)show description
Sometimes a cesarean birth, planned or otherwise, is the only option. Good nutrition ensures a quick recovery so that you can heal faster and be ready for your new role as a mother.
With a few of our diet and supplement recommendations, you will lessen stress, improve healing, and prevent potential infection. Our meal plan will help strengthen your body before the procedure and our in-hospital food box ensures you eat the right food right away. Our program is also designed to prevent uncomfortable abdominal gas common to C-sections.
“April supported me after a C-section with our second child. She came to the hospital recovery room and made sure the baby latched and that I was comfortable breastfeeding. She brought some delicious, nutritious homemade broth, sweet potato mash and fresh juice which was such a treat after the surgery and really helped me to get back on my feet (literally!). April has a calm and soothing presence and she is extremely knowledgable. Even though this was our second child, we had forgotten a lot and she provided great advice whenever we needed it.
After we went home, we loved her follow-up support so much that we extended her visits. She became part of our family for the first few weeks of our daughter Maya’s life to help us with the transition to a family of four. When I struggled with milk supply, April patiently sat with me while I breastfed, encouraged me to persevere and taught me some great tricks to make sure Maya had a solid feed. She also helped with our four year-old son Zach. April intuitively knows where you need support and fills in the gaps with a gentle and caring hand. It is obvious that she truly loves what she does and we highly recommend her to anyone who has a baby on the way.”
Micole (mother of Maya and Zach)
Our Cesarean Package includes:
- Two prenatal consultations during pregnancy to prepare you for your cesarean birth and caring for your new baby.
- Personalized recommendations on foods and supplements essential for a speedy recovery
- Cesarean-friendly meal delivered to hospital post-procedure with breastfeeding support (help with the first latch) in the recovery room.
- Pick up of dishes and more breastfeeding support the next day
- 12-hours of breastfeeding, recovery, and postpartum support
Consulting Servicesshow description
Consultations to discuss nutrition for fertility, pregnancy, and breastfeeding are available in-house or via Skype
Nutrition is an integral part of the healing process. While you take care of your new baby, let us take care of you with one of our delicious and healthy meal plans.