“If a doula were a drug, it would be unethical not to use it.”
John H. Kennell, MD
‘Doula’ is a Greek word meaning, ‘women’s caregiver’. Doulas are trained to support women and their partners during childbirth. Unlike midwives, who attend the birth for active labour and beyond, doulas are dedicated to joining you for your entire labour. Extensive scientific trials have shown that doula care:
- reduces the need for cesarean births
- shortens the length of labour
- enhances bonding and breastfeeding
- improves physical and psychological outcomes for both mother and baby
As your doula, we are committed to guiding you through the healthy, satisfying birth you’ve always dreamed of.
Welcoming Birth, Welcoming Baby (Classic Doula Care)show description
This package includes:
- Two prenatal visits to discuss your wishes and expectations
- Birth preparation including birth plan, birth options, and relaxation techniques
- 24/7 on-call labour support, one week prior to due date until baby is born
- Unwavering labour support until after your baby is born
- Early breastfeeding assistance and instruction
- Non-medical comfort measures such as relaxation, visualization, massage, and position changes
- Phone and email support throughout your pregnancy and for 30 days post-delivery
- One postpartum visit to assist with any new parent questions, baby care, and breastfeeding support
Welcoming Birth, Welcoming Baby Plusshow description
All the services of the Welcoming Birth, Welcoming Baby (classic Doula care) listed above plus one extra postpartum visit (2hrs approx) for breastfeeding/parenting support.
Baby and Beyond (Combination Birth and Postpartum Doula Care)show description
This package includes the Welcoming Birth, Welcoming Baby Doula services with the addition of 12 hours of postpartum care and breastfeeding support.
Investment: $1550 (a savings of $30)
All our packages can be customized to fit your unique circumstances. Contact us to discuss how we can best serve you.
Quick Recovery (Cesarean Prenatal and Postpartum Doula Care)show description
Sometimes a cesarean birth, planned or otherwise, is the only option. Good nutrition ensures a quick recovery so that you can heal faster and be ready for your new role as a mother.
With a few of our diet and supplement recommendations, you will lessen stress, improve healing, and prevent potential infection. Our meal plan will help strengthen your body before the procedure and our in-hospital food box ensures you eat the right food right away. Our program is also designed to prevent uncomfortable abdominal gas common to C-sections.
“April supported me after a C-section with our second child. She came to the hospital recovery room and made sure the baby latched and that I was comfortable breastfeeding. She brought some delicious, nutritious homemade broth, sweet potato mash and fresh juice which was such a treat after the surgery and really helped me to get back on my feet (literally!). April has a calm and soothing presence and she is extremely knowledgable. Even though this was our second child, we had forgotten a lot and she provided great advice whenever we needed it.
After we went home, we loved her follow-up support so much that we extended her visits. She became part of our family for the first few weeks of our daughter Maya’s life to help us with the transition to a family of four. When I struggled with milk supply, April patiently sat with me while I breastfed, encouraged me to persevere and taught me some great tricks to make sure Maya had a solid feed. She also helped with our four year-old son Zach. April intuitively knows where you need support and fills in the gaps with a gentle and caring hand. It is obvious that she truly loves what she does and we highly recommend her to anyone who has a baby on the way.”
Micole (mother of Maya and Zach)
Our Cesarean Package includes:
- Two prenatal consultations during pregnancy to prepare you for your cesarean birth and caring for your new baby.
- Personalized recommendations on foods and supplements essential for a speedy recovery
- Cesarean-friendly meal delivered to hospital post-procedure with breastfeeding support (help with the first latch) in the recovery room.
- Pick up of dishes and more breastfeeding support the next day
- 12-hours of breastfeeding, recovery, and postpartum support
Consulting Servicesshow description
Consultations to discuss nutrition for fertility, pregnancy, and breastfeeding are available in-house or via Skype.
Nutrition is an integral part of the healing process. While you take care of your new baby, let us take care of you with one of our delicious and healthy meal plans.